Geothermal heat pumps not only provide both heating and cooling but offer a highly efficient alternative to a conventional HVAC system. Using a minimal amount of electricity to harness the free, renewable and abundant energy stored naturally in the earth, this innovation is wonderfully environmentally friendly and cost-saving. Whether you’re considering a geothermal system for a new construction build or existing home, looking for seasonal maintenance or in need of repairs, Onofreo Home Comfort Systems LLC is your expert source of geothermal services in the greater Milford area.
Our qualification as a Bryant Factory Dealer, 5 years in the field and team of NATE-certified technicians ensure our readiness for every type of temperature control challenge. We are experienced in all makes and models of geothermal heat pumps and have the resources to complete all projects quickly, properly and to exacting standards of excellence. Never hesitate to reach out to Onofreo Home Comfort Systems LLC at (203) 295-4726 for skilled assistance anywhere across Milford, Stratford, Orange, West Haven, Trumbull, Woodbridge, and Monroe, CT.
We’ve put together some of the many advantages of geothermal heat pumps:
- Energy efficient – Rather than consume energy to heat, cool and circulate conditioned air, energy is only required to transfer existing heat into the home in winter and out of the home during the summer. While traditional systems achieve up to 95% efficiency ratings, geothermal systems range between 300 to 500%.
- Lower utility bills – Higher efficiency saves money every month, often reducing utility bills for heating, cooling and water heating by up to 70%
- Ideal comfort – Handling temperature control throughout the year, the system provides consistent heating and cooling as well as effective dehumidification.
- Wonderfully quiet – Eliminating the outside condenser unit avoids an eyesore as well as operational noise. Designed for quiet operation, geothermal heat pumps are non-disruptive.
- No fumes, odors or hot surfaces – With no combustion process, there is no open flame and no concerns over carbon monoxide emissions, dangerously hot surfaces or unpleasant odors.
- Free hot water – By utilizing the heat captured during the heating and cooling process, the geothermal system can reduce heating costs of a four-person household anywhere from 50 to 60%
- Minimal maintenance – A single unit handles both heating and cooling and utilizes few moving parts. Plus the heat pump is installed indoors and protected from harsh weather, making geothermal systems especially reliable and easy to maintain.
- Long lifespan – The underground loop system is a one-time installation, warrantied for 50 years. The heat pump can be expected to last twenty to twenty-five years, which is about twice as long as a conventional alternative.
- Environmentally friendly – According to the U.S. EPA, geothermal heating/cooling systems are the most environmentally responsible choice for indoor temperature control. These systems use no fossil fuels and very little electricity. They emit no greenhouse gasses.